This month’s Wanderer (powers 1 to 2 outings) has a pan-Asian theme:
- Lawless Japanese Curry beef jerky—See what the Trailfoody tasters said below!
- Laiki black rice crackers—these little guys melt in your mouth, and they’re very pure: made from rice, oil, salt, and nothing else.
- Eden Tamari Roasted Almonds—Rich tasting, roasted organic almonds misted with tamari soy sauce.
- Crispy Green Dried Asian Pear—Food just doesn’t get any lighter than this! These pears are packed with sweetness and give a curious crunch.
- Ultima Replenisher Cherry Pomegranate drink mix—This flavor is brand new! It contains all 6 electrolytes to keep your performance at its max.
- Phivebar Blueberry—There’s a great story behind the healing properties of the whole foods in this bar (check it out). The mix of blueberries, dates, seeds, and other fruits and nuts combine to create a wholesome, fresh flavor.
- BGood Espresso Date Nut bar—Every detail comes together in this artisan energy bar: toasted almonds, sunflower seeds, honey, dates, espresso and more. It’s hard not to be impressed with this bar.
- Honey Stinger Pomegranate Passionfruit organic energy gels—Not too tart and not too sweet, these honey-sweetened energy gels are sure to keep you energized for a big adventure.
- Gomacro Thrive Almond Apricot bar—A tasty combination of almonds and apricots, and loaded with sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and an ancient seed blend of hemp hearts, quinoa, and sprouted flax.
What the Tasters Said: Lawless Japanese Curry Beef Jerky
We’ll be honest, it might be hard to save this one for the trail. You know you’ve found a special product when you can discern multiple layers of flavor, and that is certainly true with this beef jerky. With each bite, you get a hint of sweetness from the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; a little tanginess from the rice vinegar; a bit of saltiness from the gluten-free tamari; plus, the beef combines with a Japanese mild curry blend to provide a very pleasant, savory experience. The feel of this jerky is right on point as well—not too soft and not too tough.
“This jerky is full of flavor, unlike some that tastes like leather. Trust me, I know. That time on Mt. Washington, I had no choice but to eat my boot.”
–Grif Steele, Seriously Tough Guy
“Each bite bursts with sweet, salty, tangy, AND savory. Even non-curry lovers will appreciate the ‘umami’ of this flavorful jerky.”
–Britt Foodlove, Secret Sauce Secret Keeper
[distracted by squirrel]
–Gracie, Peak Bagger